California Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective: July 1, 2020
Our company is comprised of many, diverse people dedicated to improving our brands and ensuring the customer experience in our stores is second-to-none. We realize that protecting the privacy of the personal information you entrust to us throughout the employment application process is very important. This notice is intended to explain to workforce applicants, who are California residents, the practices that 84.51° follows regarding the collection and use of personal information about applicants for workforce positions at 84.51°. Personal information is information that identifies you or can be reasonably linked to you.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information about you during the course of your application for employment. Not all categories may be collected about every applicant. The categories of personal information we may collect include:
- Your personal identifiers, including your phone number, physical address and email address, social security number and other government ID numbers, date of birth, IP address and other online identifiers;
- Your professional and employment-related information, including qualifications, previous education and work experience, performance information, leadership experience, awards, career and job interests and preferences, talent management assessments as well as relevant licenses, professional memberships or salary history where applicable, and your eligibility for employment including age and immigration status;
- Pre-employment information, including contact information of references, background check and criminal information and drug screening results;
- Protected classifications, including citizenship and immigration status, and (should you choose to provide such information) race, gender, ethnicity, disability, and military and veteran status where the collection of this information is permissible by applicable law;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information related to the 84.51° job recruiting websites;
- The personal contact information of designated references you have provided us; and
- Information you may provide to us and any other information reasonably necessary for us to carry out our legal and regulatory obligations.
Why We Collect Your Information
We may use your personal information for various purposes during the application process, including:
- To conduct recruiting and employment activities;
- To correspond with you concerning potential employment/job opportunities and evaluate you for employment opportunities based on your skills, qualifications and interests;
- To conduct background checks;
- To create and maintain your account;
- To process your application;
- To comply with various governmental regulations and oversight, including reporting;
- To inform organization-wide recruiting and/or hiring efforts, including diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- To improve our recruitment and hiring process, including performing analysis of our applicant pool;
- To carry out internal record keeping;
- To communicate with designated references or contacts;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity; and
- Other activities as needed for legitimate business purposes or to fulfill our legal obligations.
How We Protect Your Information
We aim to protect personal information by implementing and maintaining reasonable security, such as by using reasonable organizational, technological and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information we hold.
84.51° is committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you require a copy of this notice in an alternative accessible format, please contact us using the information below.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions. Individuals who have additional questions about this Applicant Notice should contact 84.51° by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of our homepage at www.8451.com.